- How can I use a generic search??
- How to search on multiple words?
- How can I search for either word entered. For example, happy or sad?
- Why only allow 7,000 quotes to be return in a search?
- Internet access - This is used to allow you to share quotes with others and for the advertisements
- View network state - Ties into the last permission for Internet access.
- Read/Write external storage - Quote it only uses the internal storage alotted by Android but on older devices this permision is still needed to access the cache storage.
- Allows Quote It to schedule your daily quote after you restart your device.
- This is used by Quote It during the inital setup of the database and when it needs to update the database.This permission insures we can complete our updating of the database without interuption by the phone going to sleep at that time
To perform a search using generics, just place a * at the end of the work. For example, Fun* would search for all the words that start with FUN. Like Fun, Funny, Funnier.
To perform a search using muliple words just enter them in the input area with a space between them. All items that contain the words entered will be returned. You can combine this with the use of generics.
To perform a search for either value entered use a capital OR between the word. For example, entering in the input area happy OR sad, will return items that have either happy or sad in them.
Besides it taking you a long time to scroll through 7,000 quotes on a device, some devices are not as powerfull and would take to long to a larger results.
This also helps prevent returning 100,000 + qutoes when you enter a common word like "and" in the search text
User Permissions are things that the app can access on your device. You may wonder what some of them mean and why they are needed for the app. We have made this page to explain them to you.